FAQ – Your Cruises


Access & Location

Cruises will depart from the Fort William/Corpach/Banavie [dependent on the type of cruise] Please see our “How to find us” page.

Accomodation on board

Cabins

  • Aft cabin: 2 single berths and one double
  • Focsle cabin: 4 single berths
  • Port aft saloon cabin: 2 single berths
  • Port forward saloon cabin: 2 single berths

Below deck saloon with large table & integral galley area

Wheelhouse saloon with seating

Wheelhouse roof viewing [safe access from wheelhouse]

Two toilet showers

Open walk around deck area

Please note that this is a 52ft fishing boat, and so do not expect the space of a cruise liner!

Age of guests

There are no specific age restrictions

Passengers under 16 need the consent of their parent or guardian

Persons under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian

Arrival & departure

8 day cruises

  • Guests may come aboard pm Sat
  • As the boat will not depart away from the FortWilliam area until Sun am, there is the option to arrive early
    Sun am [ eg off London sleeper]
  • Guest will leave the boat after breakfast Sat am. The
    Friday night of the cruise will normally be spent in Oban or Tobermory, where there is the option to leave the boat

11 day cruises

  • Guests may come aboard pm Sat
  • As the boat will not depart away from the FortWilliam area until Sun am, there is the option to arrive early
    Sun am [ eg off London sleeper]
  • Guest will leave the boat after breakfast Sat am. The
    Friday night of the cruise will normally be spent in Oban or Tobermory, where there is the option to leave the boat

Self guided activity cruises.

  • These cruises will normally depart and arrive back in Fort William, but may be arranged according to the groups wishes. Please call us to discuss

Skippered charter

  • Please call us to discuss your arrival/departure, and itinerary

Alcohol, drugs, smoking

No smoking aboard

Alcohol is available aboard, including during meals, and is an optional extra

No alcohol or recreational drugs can be carried aboard [safety for all is paramount]

Beverages

Soft drinks, bottled water & alcohol are optional extras, and may be purchased aboard

Booking

Bookings will be accepted for, individuals, couples, families & groups, to charter of the whole boat [up to persons]

Cancellation

25% at time of booking. Becomes non refundable 8 weeks before start of cruise. Remaining 75% due one month before start of cruise

Crew

The normal crew is a skipper and mate. Guided activity cruises may also have a dedicated leader

Domestic & personal

There is 240v AC, aboard, by main engine, generator and invertor

There are potable water, grey [kitchen, shower, washandbasin waste] tanks. A desalinator tops up the potable water

Computer & phone charging from the 240v AC or USB from some plugs

Wifi will be dependent on location

Drying in the engine room [and a domestic tumble drier]

Drinks

Alcohol is an optional extra

Teas, coffees at all times, free of charge

Bottled water and soft drinks available to purchase

Drugs

Only prescription drugs may be carried aboard. Please advise us of any possible situations/issues

Food & menus

We provide good traditional meals. We try to take a measured approach to diet, with a leaning towards oatmeal, olive/rape oils, eggs, fish, pulses, and lesser red meats and fats

Your choice of cooked or continental breakfast

Packed lunch

2 course evening meal

Teas, coffees at all times, free of charge

Optional alcohol, including with meal

Gratuities

These are not expected or required. Such will be distributed to the paid crew, and if owners only are aboard, then to a named charity

Health

We recommend you bring sun cream due to the high UV reflection off the water and the o combat the salt on the skin

The midge can be very aggravating. We suggest you bring cream or a face protection net

When ashore we advise awareness of tick bites [Lymes disease]

Please advise us of any prescription drugs

Insurance

We have ___insurance. You are advised to take your own insurance

Law and legislation

According to the law of Scotland

Pets

Our accommodation will not allow for pets aboard

Responsiblity

The skipper is in sole charge of the boat

Safety

Safety for all on board is paramount.

As required by the certification/coding conditions, we carry all the various lifesaving equipment and comms

The skipper is in sole charge of the boat at all times

What is included?

All meals and berthing fees are included.

Optional third party costs ashore are not included

Alcohol is an optional extra

What to bring?

Please limit your baggage to one soft bag

Waterproof clothes & boots

Soft shoes onboard