Donald & Eugenia have converted Fear a’bhàta to convey up to 12 passengers for sporting activity, heritage and varied ecological interests.
Fear a’bhàta fished for 30 years in the waters of the Hebrides, and is well suited to acting as a mother boat for sportsmen eg [kayakers, and a base to explore the culture and heritage of the southern Hebrides
Our modes of operation allow for booking from single individuals, to a group to hire the whole boat
Fear a’bhàta started life as a traditional larch-on-oak Scottish fishing boat, built by Forbes of Sandhaven in 1964 to operate on the Firth of Clyde herring fishery by the ring net method
Fear a’bhàta has been completely converted to convey up to 12 passengers.
We are based in Banavie, 3 miles from Fort William; here are some of the Fort’s attributes
- The Outdoor capital of the UK
- One of the classic mountaineering centres, close by which are the Ben Nevis, and Glencoe ranges
- Distinct from direct landward access, we have the ability to access Glencoe and Ben Nevis, by the fjord lochs of Loch Leven and Loch Etive
- Excellent transport links
- Rail, and bus to Glasgow
- Bus to Inverness [2 hrs], Mallaig [1 hr], Oban [1 hr]
- Sleeper. embark London and wake up in Fort William [our cruises take into account this timetable
- At the south west entrance to the historically strategic Great Glen, which was and is the route across Scotland, via Fort Augustus
- The Great Glen is the route for the Caledonian Canal [on which we are based] to Fort Augustus at the southern end of Loch Ness, and northwards to Inverness, and the North Sea
Here are some of our features:-
- At deck level, a pilothouse/saloon offers 36 degree visibility.
- Below deck there is an integral saloon/galley.
- The integral wheelhouse/pilothouse adapts to a single area seated saloon
- There are two shower toilets
- The survey/wildlife observation deck is safely accessed from within the wheelhouse
- Our deck has been kept clear to be able to have all round access, and ability to convey kayaks and other small boats
- Accommodation is in:-
- 1 x3/4 [Family room]
- 1 x 4
- 2 x 2 person cabins